Friday, February 4, 2011

Thrift Store Treasure Hunt!

I absolutely LOVE shopping at thrift stores! I love it so much, and have found such great deals that I refuse to buy clothes from a regular department store....seriously!  When I can get a designer name piece of clothing for under $5, I will not pay $12 (when it's on sale) at the department store.  Call me crazy, but I am willing to sort through the mess of a thrift store to find a treasure.  I bought all of my family's christmas gifts from thrift stores to prove to them that you can find REALLY cute clothes at cheap prices.  I finally convinced my two sisters of the beauty of thrift stores, and so I promised to take them to my favorite stores to show them how awesome they are!  Today, I took my little sister, Emily to all 3 of my favorite thrift stores.  The first was EcoThrift, then Discovery Shop, and last The Clothesline.  We had SO much fun, and found some great clothes! Oh yeah, and all white tags @ Ecothrift were 50% off, my FAVORITE sale!  Here's my finds:
 



Flowery top - $1.98 1/2 off... $.99!!


Gray pencil skirt - $2.98 @ 1/2 off - $1.50!!




Green T-shirt - $1.98 @ 1/2 off = $.99!


Purple peacock tee - $3.98 @ 1/2 off = $1.99

Brown slacks for my hubby - $1.98 @ 1/2 off (the cashier thought it was from women's hehe) = $.99


Black swing jacket from The Clothesline $5 @ 40% off = $2.72

\
A cute A-line black and white skirt from $3.98, white tag so it's 50% off = $1.99!!
 
 
And a cute little stuffed chick for $1 @ 1/2 off = $.50!!

 So...to sum that all up:
 Not to shabby!!! Oh how I LOVE thrift store hunting!!! I can't wait to wear them and post pics of my cute outfits. And if you're wondering, I invented the word frugalicious.  It is my word to describe any great, amazing, cheap, thrilling deal, steal, sale or find.  Today is DEFINITELY a frugalicious day!!



~Heather

5 comments:

  1. Wow that is AWESOME! I don't think I have ever found deals that amazing at thrift store before..I need to take you with me! ;)
    -kiki
    anewoutfitaday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quite a steal! That is so awesome.
    I love thrift shopping too. I wish I knew of more around here than D.I. I did go yesterday and found a lot of good deals

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to make you a headband...BUT you have to make me some of your adorable button jewelry! Maybe we could trade :)
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Heather!
    You won the bidding on the pearl bracelets on McKell's Closet.
    http://mckells-closet.blogspot.com/2011/03/item-1pearl-bracelets-set-of-3.html

    Just let me know your paypal email and I can send those to you.
    Love your blog by the way! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello friends beautiful sites.. I happen sites.. for example:
    tubidy tubidy
    has a beautiful setting can be downloaded via the mobile phone song.
    Available for the beautiful words also have a place at one site in the beautiful,
    waiting for the ayrılık sözleri
    ayrılık sözleri definitely going to be great for you.
    Finally I will introduce my site and very friendly nice friendships can be
    established in a webcam chat site address
    islami sohbet
    Waiting for an environment. islami sohbet
    certainly will change your understanding of chat is for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...